Australian Society for Dermatology Research (ASDR) Conference 2022

By Rachel Teh, PhD Candidate:

Finally, an opportunity to attend a conference in person!

The annual Australian Society for Dermatology Research (ASDR) conference was held at the beautiful Translational Research Institute (TRI) in Brisbane from the 4th to the 6th of August 2022. After enduring the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdowns, this was a welcome event to finally present some of the research I conducted during my PhD. I was honoured to be accepted for a poster presentation and as a speaker for a short talk on my work using adhesive disks as a non-invasive scarless biopsy tool to diagnose melanoma.

This event held both national and international speakers well known for their expertise in the dermatological field ranging from melanoma and keratinocytic cancers as well as inflammation conditions of the skin. I was invited to the speakers’ dinner held at a venue that overlooked the spectacular Brisbane city. The conference social activities were a wonderful chance to meet and network over delicious canapés and wine. Altogether, I had an excellent and enriching time attending all the talks at the ASDR. The travel and poster awards were a most appreciated bonus too! I thank the ASDR committee for being such a welcoming and encouraging group and organising an amazing conference.

I look forward to the next conference which will be the International Society for Dermatology Research (ISDR) next year in Japan.

Last Updated on 13 September 2022 by Ali Azimi